[eGroupWare-users] EGROUPWARE WIKI START PAGE PAGE NOT FOUND
Simone Montagnani
2007-11-05 16:45:58 UTC
Hi all,

I'm writing because I cannot find a solution with egroupware for
starting a wiki server, nowhere in internet (none in tikkiwikki tavi
site or something else) or forum or anything.
So before I give up deleting every-egroupware on my disk I'm asking
for a last call:

I'm installing egroupware (1.4.002) complete suite on a Linux Centos
5 box , egroupware installation check seems fine and ok.
I'm trying to configure Wiki without results, I want to just start
editing my first page, how can I do it?

I edited the configuration/preferences for my wiki site, give it a
name, but whatever when I click on that the system always respond to me :

Page '' not found !!!

or

Page 'WikiconfiguredSite' not found !!!

I can access anonymously from any machine on network ( only for
reading) and I have the same error

Is there a file that I must create when I'm building a new Wiki?
where can I put that?

In the Index.php file I see ExecMethod wiki.uiwiki.view and other
functions called, I've tried to see the code with no results.

So, are there some Installation issues? If not, how brand new wiki
sites building works? Is it automatic?

Hoping for a help

thank you

Simone
pkarsten
2007-11-06 10:59:38 UTC
Hello,
try changing your Wiki configuration to begin with the default wiki page:
Log in with admin rights, choose wiki, then site configuration. Set the wiki
name empty, this should default to a page with the name eGroupWare. If this
page wasn't deleted before, it should then appear as your start page. If you
want to start with another page, create that page, then adapt the
configuration accordingly.
Kind regards
Patricia
simont
2007-11-06 15:38:55 UTC
Thank you for the answer,

I tried but the error is the same.
You said "if this page wasn't deleted before" , but where would it be (the
usual path)?

This is the main problem for me , if you can give me a path or a link to an
example I can modify the configuration accordingly.
In Tikkiwikkitavi documentation (the only resource I find for it) there
isn't any reference to that file or system to build it but only a "create
the home page" but how and where?
Hello,
pkarsten
2007-11-06 15:58:24 UTC
The page is in the database like all wiki pages. It's possible that you have
a problem with the multiple language features of the wiki - the same page
can exist in several languages and if your wiki tries to access the page in
french whereas it only exists in english, you will also get a page not found
error.
Post by simont
Thank you for the answer,
I tried but the error is the same.
You said "if this page wasn't deleted before" , but where would it be (the
usual path)?
This is the main problem for me , if you can give me a path or a link to
an example I can modify the configuration accordingly.
In Tikkiwikkitavi documentation (the only resource I find for it) there
isn't any reference to that file or system to build it but only a "create
the home page" but how and where?
Hello,
simont
2007-11-06 16:31:21 UTC
It's the link to the webpage in the DB or the page content too?

I have tried to remove egroupware application and re-install it with only
english support and standard configuration with the same results...I don't
know what to say...
Post by simont
Thank you for the answer,
I tried but the error is the same.
You said "if this page wasn't deleted before" , but where would it be
(the usual path)?
This is the main problem for me , if you can give me a path or a link to
an example I can modify the configuration accordingly.
In Tikkiwikkitavi documentation (the only resource I find for it) there
isn't any reference to that file or system to build it but only a "create
the home page" but how and where?
Hello,
simont
2007-11-06 16:39:16 UTC
So, is here anyone using wiki with egroupware 1.4.002? The first time you
start the system what does the page looks like? Logging in as admin then
wiki button , and I have a link "egroupware" and Recent changes" and the
search bar so, that's it?
Post by simont
Thank you for the answer,
I tried but the error is the same.
You said "if this page wasn't deleted before" , but where would it be
(the usual path)?
This is the main problem for me , if you can give me a path or a link to
an example I can modify the configuration accordingly.
In Tikkiwikkitavi documentation (the only resource I find for it) there
isn't any reference to that file or system to build it but only a
"create the home page" but how and where?
Hello,
pkarsten
2007-11-06 17:19:20 UTC
Yes this is what it looks like at the beginning.
simont
2007-11-07 08:14:01 UTC
Ok, so my problem is only for the default page that's not found...I'll try
with phpmyadmin if I can find same information in the egroupware database
that can helps...

I've installed egroupware.noarch rpm from rpmforge.release , do you think
it's better if I start installaiton from source?
pkarsten
2007-11-07 08:25:42 UTC
No, I don't think it has to do with the rpm installation. Probably it's in
the language configuration and language preferences of the egroupware
installation itself, which must fit with the languages used in the wiki and
its pages.
simont
2007-11-07 09:55:58 UTC
I'm looking at the egroupware database :

the Collation record of egw_wiki_pages is "Latin1_swedish" ...this is
something strange for me.

In the setup using web interface, I've installed the
English,Danish,Italian,etc...charset (now I don't remeber exactly the iso
code) so I re-install everything with utf8 all languages, the database
entries are changed to UTF8 but wiki is not responding like usual...
pkarsten
2007-11-07 10:04:47 UTC
I don't believe it's the collation, the wiki should work with all of them.
Rather if for example, your user has his eGroupware preferences set to one
language but the wiki start page doesn't exist in that language, you might
run into trouble. Try setting the language of your wiki start page to
'unspecified' with the wiki editor.
simont
2007-11-07 10:50:19 UTC
Wiki editor? Where is it?

In Wiki I have only the configuration preferences and site preferences, no
edit links ...
pkarsten
simont
2007-11-07 13:27:22 UTC
I mean I have "page not found" message and I haven't the classic edit link
on the page.

Maybe I'm not clear, it's not an apache error like 404 not found blank page,
It's egroupware that tells me that he cannot find the page, and there are no
edit links or modify page links on it.

The fact is that it's a new build box with fresh linux centos 5.0 on it,
mysql server etc, It's a classic installation , I can't believe this is a
standard problem , maybe a language problem ok, but I didn't do anything
strange!

As soon as I can I'll try to post an image
pkarsten
simont
2007-11-07 16:24:03 UTC
No, I never did
pkarsten
2007-11-07 14:34:59 UTC
I can't tell you why your installation doesn't work, maybe it's better to
reinstall with just english as user language and look if you get it right.
But if you're already fiddling with the database, you can do as follows:

Take phpMyAdmin, go to your database, search for table egw_wiki_pages, look
for the entry where wiki_name = eGroupware and set the field wiki_lang to
empty, this is the same as what the editor does when you set the language to
unspecified.

Then your wiki should at least find the default page.
simont
2007-11-07 16:11:14 UTC
Thank you for the help, but the table egw_wiki_pages is empty...

SELECT * FROM `egw_wiki_pages` it's 0

I'm trying to degug some php class file to undertand which is the point of
failure...
I've already tried to drop the database and rebuild , or remove everything
and reinstall after removing every-egroupware trace on hard disk...the
result is the same...

It seems that it cannot insert the first wiki table data on egroupware
database.....
pkarsten